Mission and Vision
Our passion is to better our patients, our team, and our community by building individuals who are stronger and more resilient.
We empower and equip individuals to pursue their goals.
Woody Lucas - DPT, OCS, Cert. DN Founder and Owner
Woody completed his Doctorate in Physical Therapy at the Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences, College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota in 2018. He graduated from Trinity Christian College with a B.A. in Exercise Science while playing soccer. He founded PursuitPT in 2021.
In addition to staying current on neck and back pain research, Woody pursued an Orthopedic Physical Therapy Residency in order to further specialize in orthopedic physical therapy. He has also completed continuing education for the treatment of back and neck pain. In 2020, Woody achieved the prestigious honor of becoming board certified as an Orthopedic Clinical Specialist.
Woody prefers to take a hands-on approach to therapy to assist his patients in meeting their goals. His areas of interest include back pain, neck pain, jaw pain, CrossFit/fitness athletes, sports injury rehabilitation, running-related injuries, and post-surgical rehabilitation. As a former collegiate soccer player, Woody also enjoys working with soccer athletes. Woody lives in Hobart with his wife, daughter, son, and dog and enjoys activities such as exercise, backpacking, camping, CrossFit, and sports.
CERTIFICATIONS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- OCS – Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist
- DN – Certification in Dry Needling from the Spinal Manipulation and Dry Needling Institute of the American Academy of Manipulative Therapy, Montgomery, Alabama
- Clinical Management of the Fitness Athlete Course through the Institute of Clinical Excellence
- Certified Clinical Instructor by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Participation in an Orthopedic Residency Program through Mayo Clinic
- Institute of Clinical Excellence Cervical and Lumbar Spine Management Courses
- Member of the APTA and Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Ellen is a member of our patient services coordinator team. She has a strong background in business, working for 33 years for Rockwell Automation. She was born and raised in Hobart and it has always been her home.
She loves being part of the PursuitPT team and helping patients meet their goals.
She was married to Jerry for 56 years and has 2 children, 6 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren! She enjoys spending time with her family and is involved in ministry at her church. She joined the PursuitPT team in 2021.
Certifications & Continuing Education:
- Pain Neuroscience Education
- Examination and Treatment of Running Injuries: Video Gait Analysis
- Myopain Trigger Point Dry Needling
- McKenzie Method: Lumbar Spine
- Grey Institute Foot/Ankle Specialization
Rebecca Gruhlke, PTA
Rebecca completed her Physical Therapist Assistant schooling at Ivy Tech Community College in Crown Point, IN in 2022. She has over 4 years of experience working in an outpatient physical therapy setting and prior to that she has spent time working as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She joined the PursuitPT Team in 2023.
Rebecca believes that physical therapy is an opportunity to empower patients to become the strongest, healthiest version of themselves through individualized, goal focused treatment plans. She has experience treating patients of all fitness levels with a wide variety of orthopedic conditions. She has a special interest in treating patients who are experiencing back pain, neck pain, TMJ and sports related injuries.
Outside of the clinic, Rebecca enjoys spending time with her family and watching her son participate in baseball and football. She also loves cycling on her Peloton and spending time outdoors in the garden.